Tuesday, February 10, 2015

久しぶり!Long time no post! p2 Tokaigi闘会議

Any event at Makuhari Messe is gonna be a good one!

Tokaigi is a meeting of nerds who love video games. There are multiplayer events for PC, arcade, 4 generations of Nintendo and Sony home and handheld consoles, in addition to demos, quizzes, history and of course COSPLAY. Surprisingly, there weren't a lot of mobile games, and there were still a lot of females. I'd say at least 30%, and they were normally dressed. This is a shock to me, Tokyo Game Show is like 90% male, and the cosplay is mostly sexy females and awkward male photographers asking them to spread their legs and bend over and stuff. One after another.


Puzzle Dragons: Mario Edition



After playing a new puzzle-dragon Mario game, we went to the Nintendo graffiti wall which my friend Wai-Ming decided was too heavily Nintendo. My contribution was Darth Goomba to match my Star Wars shirt that I wore. Unfortunately my Zelda shirt wasn't clean that day :( .



We showed up too late to the Nintendojo (任天道場) which marked the first time of seeing the kanji for Nintendo (任天堂), which means something like "Trust luck to heaven." I think that's pretty accurate. They were doing oldschool gaming sessions with SNES Mario Kart and newschool Wii U Mario Kart 8. There was also a Nintendo quiz, which I'm pretty sure would have been amazing to do in Japanese, but alas!


Then, there were cosplay props lying about, for people to go nuts. TGS is just too crowded to have room for this kind of stuff.

Since I was in Chiba, I got the chance to meet up with some of my previous students from Tokyo U of Science, and then go to my favorite ramen restaurant in the world: Menya Koji (柏駅の麺やこうじ). They have this sharp, spicy garlic that I've never seen anywhere else. Don't plan on kissing anyone or giving any speeches for at least a week!
Tsukemen. Always and forever!





This is the only place you'll SEE this!
My tabulation left on a game called
Booby Show (no demos were available :) )

No comments:

I am one of those people that uses the word  perfect subjectively. I think something is perfect if it does what it's intended to do ...