Friday, February 6, 2015

お久しぶり!Long time, no post! p1

I have slipped into work-and-play mode to the extreme! If I'm not at school, pretending to be a teacher, I've been seeing the sights of Japan! One day, a friend visiting from Korea wanted to see the towers!

There's also a Studio Ghibli store at the base!

There it is: Sky Tree! 634m tall, and the second tallest THING in the world, Japanese people will tell you to that Sky Tree is a must-see if you're visiting Tokyo. The area around the base is called Solamachi (空=sky町=town), though I am disturbed by the "l" instead of "r" in sola. Ahh well, maybe there's a hidden reason. But I digress! The tower is just a part of the background to most places in Tokyo, and I hadn't seen it up close until just now...it's HUGE, but it doesn't feel as tall as it really is. Still a wonderful part of the TKY experience.


 あった!やっとスカイツリーに着いた!韓国人の友達はvisit中、東京の二つタワーを見て欲しかった。スカイツリーは世界2番目の高いビルなんですがドバイのBurjタワーは200メートルよりも高いんだ。今回はエレベータに乗らなかったけど、3月で母と一緒に乗ろうかな。。。タワーの近くに行った時、あんまり高く思わなかったけど、未来的な感じが出ていた。


The same night, we walked through a CRAZY-COLD Daimon/Hamamatsucho to see Tokyo Tower. You're not forgotten! 

A few days later, I went with some good friends to the Yebisu Beer Factory and learned some shit. Then I drank some shit! The tour is roughly 20 minutes long, 500 yen, and you get two glasses of fresh, smooth beer at the end. Afterwards, you can purchase an American pint of one of six flavors for 400 yen. While there, we met a young Japanese couple and ended up staying an extra few hours chatting in the language. You can figure that anyone else that has time to drink at noon on a Wednesday is gonna be chill.

影か薄くなったように感じる東京タワーを見に行った。すごく強い風が風いていたのでひどい寒かった。数日後、ビスビール工場でツアーをやった。あそこでのビールはヤバイおいしかった!飲みやすかった。20分のツアー後に若い日本人の夫婦と話して、さらに3杯飲んだ。しかも水曜日の昼に!

No comments:

I am one of those people that uses the word  perfect subjectively. I think something is perfect if it does what it's intended to do ...